Some weeks ago, I featured the physical offices and locations that you can check for job vacancies and advertisements. This time, I’ve put together a list of online sites that you should check if you are looking for a job in Misamis Oriental.
- Jobstreet– If you haven’t heard of this site yet, you must be new to the online community because nearly every seasoned job seeker has heard of it. The site features jobs from all over the Philippines and the world. It also allows users to search jobs by specific location (Northern Mindanao) and by job specialization. You can register for free, post your resume, apply online and opt to receive e-mail notifications of jobs that fit your qualifications. The only downside is that small companies that have vacancies may not be listed here. Jobstreet also does not allow other sites such as this one to link to it without permission. The fastest way to get there from here is to type jobstreet.com on the address box of your web browser.
- Jobs DB– Just like Jobstreet, JobsDB is a comprehensive site for jobseekers and employers. Jobseekers can register, post their resumes and apply online for free. Job searches can be customized to show jobs according to location or category and position. You can opt to receive e-mail notifications of jobs you are interested in. By all appearances the site is every bit a competitor of Jobstreet. The services seem equally good but based on experience some job categories do not have as many employer advertisers as those in Jobstreet.
- Best Jobs– This site does not have as many bells and whistles as the two big shots above but this is a great site to check for jobs from both big and small companies in provincial locations. Employers would love to advertise here because advertising is for free. Job seekers can look for jobs by category or location. Misamis Oriental has its very own page for job vacancies. Applicants can opt to have e-mail notifications of vacancies sent to them. They may also choose to take advantage of the free web address for their resumes. Potential employers can then view these resume web addresses online.
- CDO Jobs– In my opinion this one currently tops the list of local job sites specifically for Cagayan de Oro City and neighboring Misamis Oriental locations. For a time, the site became temporarily inactive but it is now back with a vengeance, regularly featuring hundreds of jobs and catering to hundreds of job seekers. This is primarily a job listing/posting site where applicants can pick jobs by category or by company. Jobs are conveniently labeled full time or part time and applicants can choose to apply to the jobs on the spot by submitting their letters of intent and resumes to the site administrator. There is also an option to receive e-mail updates of the latest job vacancies.
- Jobs CDO– This, I must say is a worthy competitor of cdojobs. Just like cdojobs, it went into a period of being inactive but has just recently resumed posting job advertisements. It lists jobs by category with the most recent jobs listed in front. What I love most about this site is its clean and easy to navigate lay-out.
- CDOkay– This is primarily a site with news and features about Cagayan de Oro. It has a page link on its sidebar labeled “Trabaho”. The site however seems currently inactive, and has not been updated for a long time. You may want to check the site from time to time though. Who knows, it might just resurrect.
- Northern Mindanao– This is mainly a news site for Northern Mindanao maintained by a journalist from Cagayan de Oro. It has a long list of job vacancies in the middle of its homepage. The advertisements are mainly from employers who also publish in Mindanao Goldstar Daily. This site is one of the first ones to offer job listings and is another one of my personal favorites.
- Phil-Job.net– This is a government run site and caters to all provinces and regions. As a visitor, you may search for a job according to category using the search box. You can also view a list of all vacancies with company and location labels. The site says though that you have to register first to get access to services and be considered for job matching. That means there may be more services in store that I may not be aware of. Based on my casual trip around the site though, there aren’t that many vacancies advertised for Misamis Oriental.
- Ateneo de Davao– Ateneo de Davao’s job page is rarely updated but when they do post, you can only expect a high quality advertisement from a reputable company. Although the school itself is based in Davao, some job vacancies are for jobs in Misamis Oriental. You just have to patiently wait for job ads to be posted here.
- ZAS– ZAS is an international manpower recruitment agency with an office in Cagayan de Oro. According to the site, applicants may submit resumes and application letters online for matching with the needs of foreign clients. This might be a good site to check if you want a job abroad. I would like to stress though that I have no personal experience with this site and that this therefore does not constitute a personal endorsement of the site. As with every other service for employment abroad, you should always be careful especially IF money is involved. Check this site out yourself and see if it’s a good one.
- Lugait Forum– Lugait’s job forum is rarely updated. Its last post is dated October 2008. You may want to occasionally visit this site just in case a member decides to post a job opportunity.
My Verdict: These are only some of the sites that offer job listings and services for people living in Northern Mindanao/Misamis Oriental/Cagayan de Oro. Among the sites listed above, my personal favorites are Jobstreet, Best Jobs, CDO Jobs, Jobs CDO and Northern Mindanao. Do you know of any other sites? Post a comment here so you can help other people find their dream jobs.